Intern in Africa with Women in Progress/Global Mamas
"I recommend new interns preparing for their journey to Ghana keep their mind open and continue to laugh at any situation. You will gain more from this experience than you could ever possibly offer to Global Mamas in return."
Jessica Galasso, Fashion Design Intern
| || |
Global Mamas has been creating life changing experiences for international interns for over a decade. Our interns are instrumental to our success by providing hands-on assistance and training to expand our women's skills and grow the organization.
Join us for a one-of-a-kind cultural adventure and learning experience.
Why Global Mamas?
With over a decade of experience hosting interns we know how to put your skills to use to enrich the lives of our women and their families. We offer:
- Customized Projects: Your internship project will be customized to your specific skills, interests and academic goals.
- In-House Projects: You are actually placed in a project within our organization vs. being outsourced somewhere else. This allows us to develop very meaningful and personalized projects and to respond immediately if your project needs refining once you are in Ghana.
- Peace of Mind: We know how to keep you safe and healthy.
- Adventure: Your experience would not be complete without getting to know Ghana. We encourage you to take time to travel, experience and enjoy Ghanaian culture.
- Competitive Fees: Internship fees that covers pre-departure support and orientation, lodging in Ghana, international medical insurance for US citizens, in-country support, and project related expenses.
- Hit the Ground Running: We provide an immediate introduction to the local culture and our Global Mamas Community.
- Exceptional Support: Our staff is comprised of locals as well as past volunteers and interns from abroad. This allows us to provide exceptional in-country support to keep you engaged in your project and ensure you have a life changing experience.
Design the Experience of a Lifetime
This Experience Will Set You Apart!
- Hands-on, international experience
- Tangible results for your portfolio and resume
- Stand out in interviews with interesting experiences
- More responsibility than a typical internship
| || |
"I loved seeing Hannah realize that she understood the system we created for her, and listening to Eli talk about her hopes for her new catering business. The coolest thing was getting a call from Eli as I waited to board the plane when she told me about the new oven she was receiving and thanked me one last time for my help."
Jack McCarthy – Micro-Enterprise Intern
Through an international internship that is customized specifically to your academic track, skill set, and interests, you will gain hands-on, international experience and, at the same time, make a difference in the lives of women in Africa. Find out more about our Internship Assignments
It is impossible to convey how profoundly the energy and passion of our international volunteers and interns has impacted the lives of women in Ghana. Our Mamas are unique and their accomplishments over the years have varied from supporting their children through all levels of school including university, paying off debts, opening savings accounts, expanding their businesses, improving the nutrition and health care for their families, and most importantly, feeling empowered and valued. We are proud of our success and invite you to be a part of shaping our future.