Training & Support
Women in Progress primarily partners with other organizations to provide basic business and technology workshops.
The training seminars that Women in Progress does design and deliver tend to be more advanced business and technology workshops that are
specific to particular industries. Women in Progress supports a collaborative approach to training that fosters group discussion and
encourages creative thinking, not pushing western ways. Our objective is to put the resulting business and technology best practices into action
through the Business Development or International Trade programs.
Young women also benefit from the Training & Support program. Through guest speaking opportunities in local schools, Women in Progress plants
the seed of entrepreneurialism early in a young woman’s career by teaching basic business and technology concepts. The goal is to train, encourage and
mentor young women so that will have the courage and access to resources to participate successfully in the global economy.
Courses topics and levels offered depend entirely on the needs of the local women entrepreneurs. However, courses
generally fall into the following categories:
Volunteers teach the majority of courses based on their areas of expertise. Local professors, business professionals, and
technology experts will also be invited to teach courses.
- Specialized Business Training
- Advanced courses for specific industries/trades that focus on topics such as accessing capital, strategic planning, product development, quality control, forecasting, and exporting.
- Business-Focused Computer Training
- Intermediate technology training for accounting, marketing and other business-specific software applications.
- Advanced technical training in areas such as computerized inventory management and Internet marketing.
A Women's Technology Center is managed by Women in Progress at each location and provides human support for general business development,
in addition to access to computers for productivity tools such as office applications, accounting software, marketing programs, and email.
Classroom facilities for business courses and a computer lab for technology training are also available.